We are looking for a Financial controller who will be working closely with the CFO, an external accounting team, and the payroll & admin officer. Our ideal candidate is someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset, keen to understand the financial structure of a fintech, and eager to grow and pick up responsibilities in the organisation.
Controlling: Prepare the budget and monitor actuals vs forecast, assist with KPI setting, monitoring, and follow up with Managers
Operations: monthly invoicing preparation, follow up on trade receivables, bank accounts reconciliations, issue manual credit notes, managing supplier invoices
Process improvement: Follow-up on accounting with the external accountant and verify accuracy, support month-end closing activities, improve reconciliation processes and accuracy, make sure accounting procedures comply with Belgian Gaap
Reporting: Leading the preparation of the annual audit, assisting in investor reporting, provide clients with detailed reporting
- Handling ad-hoc requests as needed.
What about you?
- You have 2 to 4 years experience as Auditor, Financial controller, Finance Analyst, or Finance Officer
- You are fluent in English
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- You are willing to learn and develop capabilities in other areas such as legal and tax
- You show excellent organisational skills and you are detailed oriented
You are a good team player and have excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and Google Suite
- You are able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are eager to learn, you are coachable, and want to develop your career in a start-up
Skills required for the role :
Autonomy - You can take on several projects and manage them from A to Z without external intervention
Resilience - You see challenging situation as an occasion to grow and easily find the way to go forward
Assertiveness and communication - You can deliver a clear message, understand the message's recipient, show empathy for the recipient and listen effectively. You make use of all of these qualities to ensure your communication is productive. You deliver information in a calm and respectful manner, without upsetting others and yourself
Prioritization - You choose the projects to focus on according to roadmap and objectives frameworks
Learner - You are a self-starter with a great learning attitude, able to learn and pick up new capabilities fast
Problem Solving: You recognize and define problems, you discover possible solutions and implement the best one for both local issue and system performance
What we offer :
- A full time open-ended employee contract.
- A competitive salary package with many benefits : meal vouchers, group and hospitalization insurance as well as refund insurance on medical treatments (Alan), company smartphone and laptop, company phone subscription, eco vouchers, a budget for your personal mobility in Europe
- A lot of professional freedom, personal development and exciting challenges
- A friendly and open company culture and tons of fun
- A great opportunity to have an impact on mobility in Europe and shape a product to the right market/customer fit
At Skipr we are on a mission of helping organisations accelerate their employees' transition to sustainable mobility. Through the Skipr platform and the Skipr app, our users easily connect to and manage any mobility service!
We love passionate, out-of-the-box thinkers who're able to share their ideas in the simplest and clearest way. We want to have an impact, dare to challenge the status quo and be close to our customers and team. Our ideal colleague has an entrepreneurial mindset, and sparks joy by taking an idea drafted in a napkin to its final execution, always giving priority to our customers. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution and hustle is a must. We also offer enormous amounts of autonomy to everyone working at Skipr which requires an aptitude to auto-manage oneself.
We believe the strength of a team comes from its diversity. So no matter who you are, where you come from, what you believe in or what your dreams are, we welcome you and look forward to receiving your application.